Wednesday, March 12, 2008

#13

January 25, 2008 - The Crunchy Capital Of The Free World

"Now I lay me down to sleep
I hear the sirens in the streets
All my dreams are made of chrome
I have no way to get back home
I'd rather die before I wake
Like Marilyn Monroe
You can throw my dreams out in the streets
And let the rain make 'em grow"
- Tom Waits

Y'know how they used to say that everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it? Well, it might be time to do something about it. C'mon, snow in LA?
But for us, we've been somehow magically missing the worst so far. Close, though....and maybe catching up. I learned last night in Monterey - AFTER crossing the mountains that most roads were closed. And today, no more than two hours after leaving Half Moon Bay on the coast, Highway 1 was closed there due to mudslides.
But wet, wet, wet here in Marin County. Went ahead to Novato today after a wet & hair-raising drive up Mount Tam to the Muir Woods (really...I had a total panic attack & had to close my eyes. Good thing Megan was driving.) and a VERY wet but spiritually refreshing walk in the big redwoods. So we're here at the wonderful Inn of Marin where I stayed when I was here in August en route to Alaska; Megan just about wet her pants when she got a look at the vegetarian stuff on the menu here at the restaurant. Gettin' some laundry done & resting up to go dance like hippies on fire, as my dear friend Richard said, tomorrow night in San Francisco.
Maybe we'll wear some flowers in our hair.Uploading more pics....

No comments: