Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hawaii Afterthought #1

...Since I'm sure there'll be more.

My experiences with people in Kona were an interesting counterpoint to those in San Francisco. Many of the people I met and talked with and hung out on the seawall with in Kona were people in similar circumstances as the street people I wrote about in San Francisco. Except, of course, that they were in Hawai’i. In my time down there I witnessed no aggression, never felt threatened, was never treated in any way other than with the utmost respect. I was included in the sharing that I saw constantly going on around me, banana bread, hot dogs, flowers, even a strawberry shortcake one day. I love strawberry shortcake. Those folks are onto something real out there.

1 comment:

E! said...

Hey, I got your email. Great blog! I look forward to catching up on all the posts!

*hugs*